View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 08:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiretoday View Post
I was wondering if anyone gets relief from applying pressure to the area that is affected by CRPS? I have it in my feet and it feels so good, like the jumpy nerve pain is being settled when I gently and slowly wrap my hands around a foot and apply pressure. I know this sounds odd and I have very sensitive feet, infant tonight the dog came over and put his wet nose on the ball of my feet tonight and it sent me through the roof...at the same time I was squeezing the other foot and felt relief on that one!

Anyone have thoughts to why this happens?

I tend to follow my instincts on what helps my CRPS. For example, I had always had a gut feeling that icing wasn't a good idea, and when I went with the doctor's orders instead of my gut I ended up on crutches for months. Ever since, I go with what feels right and I am now much more functional because of it. When I had my biggest flare (pre-diagnosis), my instincts told me to apply pressure in a certain direction, and it significantly reduced my pain (from like 10 to 6). Now if I have a throb of pain I rub it in whichever way my instincts tell me to and it usually works.

I couldn't tell you why it works, but if it does I vote do it! One of my life mottos: "If it works, that's how you know it works."
whiteaa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (02-26-2016), Littlepaw (02-24-2016), mama mac (02-24-2016), visioniosiv (02-25-2016)