Thread: IVIG treatment
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 09:28 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngal View Post
I also have had IVIG for neuropathy. My insurance covered it with no problem because there was an antibody found in my lab work suggested my immune system possibly causing the neuropathy. (CIDP) It is harder for the insurance companies to deny when there is something found to support the use.
As for "healing", I was told, the IVIG was suppose to put out the immune attack, in hopes that my nerves would heal. But that the IVIG itself does not "heal" them. This information was from my neurologist a few years ago--so possibly findings on it have changed.
Thanks for this information: I was diagnosed with PN last November from an EMG test in my lower limbs. Since then symptoms have progressed to full body so I'm scheduled for another EMG test next Monday. The full body symptoms started with a feeling of vibrating from the chin down. I feel this when I am at rest. Of course, I have all of the other PN symptoms as well with numb feet and stiff ankles and balance issues and hands beginning to be "clumsy".
Is the vibration feeling typical of CIDP ?
rec60661 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote