View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 10:47 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Question Does this sound like myasthenia gravis?

Hi, I think I have MG. These are my symptoms:

Eyes: 4 months ago I woke up with a droopy eyelid and blurry vision out of nowhere. My vision seems to be getting worse progressively but the droopy eyelid goes away if I sleep for 9 hours at least.

Hands/arms/legs: I get extreme weakness in my hands and legs, almost like a dull pain if I didnt sleep enough or have been working too much. It comes on suddenly, just gets worse throughout the day if I don't rest/sleep.

Face: My facial muscles slacken(I always look sad/blank), I cant close my mouth, I have difficulty breathing and my speech gets slurred. This is only when I seem to be having an "episode".

Weakness: I don't have the energy I used to anymore. I used to be able to pull all nighters all the time and now I'm just hoping to get through the day lol.

I haven't done the ice test but my eyelids open up whenever I splash cold water on my face. Also hot baths make me dizzy and weak. I'm just 18 and this is ridiculous. My neuro thinks I have migraines and anxiety, got me tested for MS and pernicious anaemia even. Dont have any vitamin deficiencies. The problem is I'm fine if I've rested well so doctors havent been able to pick on this. I have 2 main questions:

1. Does this sound like MG?
2. How effective are MG meds? Lets say you have 5 exams each day for 2 weeks(one after another), would meds give you enough energy to help you get through that? Sorry I'm freaking out but I really have no idea what I will do if I have MG.

Thanks so much.
Krunkk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote