View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I think your art will be fantastic. Your thinking will be at your speed, not like the pressured thinking needed for chess or a video game. When you can control the thinking pace, you can avoid the over-stressed thinking. It is a skill that once developed, will serve you well.

If you find yourself caught in a mental block, take a break. Do something with an entirely different thought process. You can return to the task later. It may help to write a note about the idea/place in your work where you froze. Don't commit it to memory. That will mean you carry the thinking stress with you.

When I was early in my recovery, I hand built a cabin, 2 stories, 2 sets of stairs, framed, cedar sided, geothermal air conditioning, plumbed, wired, sheet rocked, cabinets, painted. I hired a team to hang the ceiling sheetrock and the roof trusses and roof due to safety issues and pour the concrete ( I don't do well on ladders) and lay the carpet. I did it at my pace. It was very therapeutic. It took 6 months of 3 days a week. I would get brain freeze up from time to time and would just take my time getting my mental bearings again.

I'm hoping to do a similar project building a shop and classroom to teach industrial arts to home schooled students.

These self-paced projects have always been very good for me.

I know people who have had to recover from lung infections/illness. It takes a month or two to get back to normal. Did your doc give you breathing exercises ? It is a common therapy. Give yourself time to heal.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (02-27-2016)