View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 01:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
The problem is less with him losing his benefits, and more that you could be held responsible for allowing him to misspend funds. He should provide you with all the bills so you can see what he has spent the money on.

I would suggest he either needs to close the CC account or agree to a fixed amount that he can charge per month. Otherwise, you're allowing him to circumvent your role as Rep Payee.

If he refuses, then I would advise you make him use a Rep Payee service. They'll charge him 10% of his benefits, but it'll protect you.

It doesn't matter how you pay the bill, but again you shouldn't be blindly paying it.
Understood.

However as I said this happened before he got on SSI and before I was made his payee. I had no idea he was keeping this bill from me as he never mentioned it. He showed me the statements and it was made/spent 2 years before he was put on SSI.

However he is closing the account and we'll go from there. Thanks for the information. I just wanted to make sure it was allowed for me to pay his monthly payments with this type of bank account or not or if there would be a problem with SSA in doing so.

Thanks for the help.
jhawke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote