Thread: Any Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 07:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Help

I met with my lawyer yesterday to go over my case. I did ask about having a functional capacity evaluation done. His recommendation was to not have it done at this time. If there is a reason that we would need to contest the results there would not be enough time to do so and may hurt us if we go to an OT on a bad day or with little understanding of CRPS. I don't really understand why he would think we would need to contest it. I can not walk, stand more than 15 minutes and only assisted, lift more than light items conveniently placed, reach without loosing my balance, sit without having to find a way to elevate my foot above my heart every 15-20 minutes. I hate to go behind his back and have it done against his advise but I don't see how it would hurt. Would any of you recommend having it done anyway or should I stick with his advice?

He did give me a form to have my PM, PCP or Ortho fill out that he thought would be more useful called the RSD/CRPS Medical Source Statement. My PCP will not fill out forms, I have only seen my current PM once so my Ortho is going to help fill it out come the end of March. It was the earliest he could get me in. Is that too late? Am I breaking my contract with my current PM if I take it to my previous PM, who I only left when he asked me to find another PM when he ran out of treatment plans?

HELP

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote