View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had those major knee-yourself-in-the-chin-in-your-sleep muscle spasms too, for many years. They started within a year of getting rsd, and they continued for 12 full years. They finally went into "remission", I guess you'd call it, about two years ago. Man, what a relief... I hadn't slept so deeply in ten years.

But they are coming back. I have noticed 10-12 episodes in the last week, and Michael says I am back to kneeing him in the back every night. Luckily for him, I only sleep four hours out of 24, so he gets plenty of rest when I'm up.

Mark, you really should try a muscle relaxer. Baclofen, as has already been mentioned, is the one I have found to be best for me. I wish someone would give me valium/diazepam, though... I am sure it would work even better.

Good luck, I hope your legs calm down and you can get some decent rest. Lack of sleep just makes the rest so much harder to deal with. Need some spoons? Take mine.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote