Thread: 4th July...
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Frogga! ST Georges day?? what's that missy? Anyway, Rogue is right.. It's the day we became "America".. I for one am very proud to be an American.. we have the right to pray, freedom of speech.
I for one am "greatful" that we don't have to stand behind barbed wire, get in line for water, food, etc. I am proud of my husband who fought so very hard with his blood, sweat and tears over in Vietnam(For our Country) Our men who fought in WW1 WW2, Korea, Desert Storm war, And now over in Iraq. Do I support the war? oh, heavens no. I believe all wars are bad. But our Government, President of the United States sent them over there to find mass weapons and to "Promise" to bring our men and women home.. which they haven't as yet. I am NOT however proud of the fact that we went to war, or had wars.. BUT, THIS IS WHAT KEEPS US FREE.. our men and woman fighting battles, dying in wars... In other words they fight, serve and yes, die in wars.. so that WE can be "FREE"!! Ok.. now, we have 4th. of July cook outs (grilling food on the grills) fire works.. our 4th of July athem... Star spangled banner.. and the men and women stand(Or shall I say SHOULD stand when this song is played!!) .. To honor our American flag!! It's a shame that a lot is going on in this country, by some burning our flag in protest, people wearing it.. cutting it up.. etc. My husband gets so mad as he was in the VietNam war!! sad.. so sad.. But all in all I for one am proud of my country and then again sad by it. Love ya and hope all is going well for you in the UK Frogga! Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote