Thread: Bachissimo blog
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 03:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sorry if I missed your questions. Here are my answers:

How long have you been tracking your symptoms throughout the day ? Why do you track them ?

Ever since my concussion, the week after I started rating how dizzy I am. I do it at the end of the day and it is a rough estimate of how dizzy/off balance/confused I was during the day.

Dr advised to track. I also that kind of person who like to link activities I do with how I feel. I know there are drawback to this, but I really think overall it has helped me understand things. I was hoping for the scores to go down to zero (as they did for 3 weeks 2 weeks or so after my concussion but got messed up completely after the flight).

Have you tried anything else to help you sleep besides the Klonopin ?

I tried a couple of drugs, including ambien. I felt terrible for a week after these. Klonopin is the only one that seems to help me sleep/help with anxiety and I did not notice it is doing harm. Recently I had a great month with almost no symptoms, I was taking 0.5mg every night.

The Lamictal is odd because it is not an anti-depressant. Are you having depression symptoms ?
My psy. who is a very smart and understanding recommended this because I have been suffering sexual sides from a medication I took and stopped years ago. So he wanted to suggest something that works (it did) with no sexual sides. Actually no sides at all. So I am happy with it. Although I am not sure I can take Topomax on top of that.

You say you average an hour of dizziness each day. Is that in long spells or short spells of just a few seconds each time ?

I think the context was: when I got better, my steady state was on average that much. But it really meant, like few hours here and there during the week. It is rarely something that happen for just an hour.

Bad days mean I am dizzy all day long. So long spells. Sometimes I would be walking or doing something and suddenly I get dizzy and I feel crap (dizzy) for the rest of the day. I can't focus and can't work during.

piano has been oddly a major trigger.

What are your symptoms that keep you from sleeping ?
It's just insomnia. Even on good days, if I am very tired I go to sleep and can't fall asleep. I tried meditation and all.

Thanks. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I have gotten better since my last flight, I am able to exercise life weights, stationary bile for <20 mins, on good days. But weirdly piano remains impossible on most days. Although before my second flight, and after my first, I managed to recover quickly to a point where I could play.

Extremely frustrating. What is next for me is vision therapy. I have convergence problems. Sometimes I can read for many hours with no symptoms though.
bachissimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote