Thread: Neck Exercises
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 05:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks, guys.

What is TOS? Thoracic outlet syndrome?

I was laid up for a year in '07--incredible, but true, I was bedridden most of the hours of the day not moving except when up on crutches to eat and little else. I was immobilizing my right hip. This was, of course, way too much; I should've started working my muscles after no more than ten weeks but I didn't really know what I was doing.

Many important muscles wasted. They either shortened, like aforementioned neck muscles, or weakened severely. My right quad and foot were so severe I could not walk until 10 weeks of work just to take one step without the crutches.

I have been doing these stretches on many muscles since '09 or so. As far as I know they aren't inflamed and I don't think the C-vertebrae are inflamed . . It takes a huge effort to get results to my experience: I really see improvement and it will take a lot for the most severely shortened.

But I notice from diagrams that when you flex your neck you might be flexing the brainstem? Here's where I got my stretches, take a look.

http://www.stretching-exercises-guid...stretches.html
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote