Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
Hi, sorry to read that you're in such a bad part of your life. It doesn't mean it will always be this way. Have you looked into getting help for or looking into if you have any emotional problems? Stress, depression, unhealthy thinking can all add to or actually cause symptoms. I know this from experience. Do you notice anything which seem to exacerbate your symptoms? Bad thoughts? Feeling stressed? Loneliness? Any other things?
I saw a psychiatrist for about six months in year 3. I tried amitriptyline for almost 3 weeks but the side effects were way to much for me to handle.

Then I was on Valdoxan (Agomelatine) for about 2 months. Didn't help much with the depression but did help slightly with the sleep. Stopped because cost of psychiatrist and Valdoxan were too high and the benefits too low.

The psychiatrist was not really helpful. He'd just sit and listen.....i kept waiting for the plan of action or a diagnosis of some sort so we can figure out what we were fighting.

But he was just an expensive listener that would finish the session off with "chin up, think positive and everything will get better"

It hasn't.

I've had depressive episodes here and there. I know what they feel like, they don't affect my symptoms. They kinda nestled up next to them with their own symptoms. They usually clear out like an unwanted guest after a few days. I can usually weather them.

But this outburst is fuelled by the fragility of my life. It seems like my sensitivity to flair ups has been increasing steadily. Every month that passes I can handle less and less.

I've been in a slump for 3 days now and it's feeling like a particularly bad one. Hence the outburst.

I'm scared I won't be able to shake it. I'm really struggling to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote