Thread: Rough times
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 07:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

CD,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope by some miracle you are soon spared and hopefully the results you get will not be as shocking as you think.

Right after I had my first CRPS symptoms I started having dysphasia attacks which resulted in vomiting. I don't think it is coincidental. I never had stomach or bowel issues until CRPS.

I am recuperating at home after brain surgery and am having a rough time due to a difficult intubation. Severe stomach burning, reflux, vomiting. I can't eat. Chocking so hard I wet myself. This is close to how I was after the colonoscopy and endoscopy I had last fall, but at least I have been spared the miserable hip pain this time, because my CRPS limb as coddled. It took me months of eating just mashed potatoes to recover. (Multiple people said this was the only diet that helped)

Right now I can only drink warm ginger ale. Water tastes disgusting. I craved chocolate ice cream, ate it and hurled. So I am going back on to my mashed red potato diet, with DG licorice, aloe Vera juice, honey water, yogurt and Chia seed gel. I do not want to be on PPIs for the rest of my life.

My electrolytes are messed up, too. I think this is another symptom of CRPS. If you can't get water into your cells how can you heal? In the hospital I was given two IV drips and for the first time in over a year my hands were plumped up, no finger and palm wrinkles. My face changed enough for the nurse to remark about it.

The reason I was given the IVs is because I tried to sit up in a chair and eat some Cheerios. Lol, my head fell into the bowl.

I am not trying to hijack your thread, by making this about me, it is simply that your post resonated.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (02-28-2016), cdwall (02-28-2016), Littlepaw (02-28-2016), PurpleFoot721 (02-28-2016)