View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 09:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseKris View Post
I try to eat healthy but like everyone else on the bad days I just eat whatever is easiest to prepare.

I love soup and I love my crock pot so on days I am feeling better I make a huge pot of soup. I separate it into at least 4 portions and freeze them so all I have to do is take it out of the freezer and heat it up. This morning I pulled out some chicken noodle soup for dinner.
Interesting that you mention this...in January I started making frozen crock pot meals. I order all the ingredients from PeaPod to be delivered to the house for 6-10 meals. Then I prep them into gallon size freezer bags, freeze them, and then each morning I toss one in thhe crock pot for lunch/dinner that day. It's taken some time but I have found meals that are really easy to prep and have found that I can make 2 days of crock pot meals then have leftovers for a day or two, etc. So 7 or 8 meals easily last about 2 weeks for us. I started this mostly because I found myself ordering out food for not just me...but the baby too and that's not how I want her to eat. So the crock pot meals ensure she is eating better and me too.

The only problems with this are that 1) the prep takes a lot out of me so I have had to not make certain meals a second time because the prep was too much, 2) if I run out of freezer meals and I don't feel up to prepping that can result in ordering out again, 3) sometimes I don't even feel up to heating up leftovers, and 4) washing the crock pot is a painful task each morning. But...it's working out a lot better than anything else I've tried and everyone in the house is eating better most of the time. I will definitely continue this and can see where once I get back to work it will be especially helpful because after a day of work I really don't feel up to any cooking.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (02-28-2016), BioBased (02-28-2016), Littlepaw (02-28-2016), NurseKris (02-28-2016), PurpleFoot721 (02-28-2016)