Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWhoMovesSlowly View Post
One last suggestion from me, get on an antidepressant, at least try one, Zoloft or Lexapro, and you will know if it helps fairly soon, they aren't expensive and sometimes very useful for a period of time.
I'm considering it. As mentioned above I tried amitriptyline for about 3 weeks.

By "tried" I mean for I fought wave upon wave of sweating, tachyhardia and not being able to pee (or do anything with that department while we are "down there")

After one particualy bad case of tachyhardia which resulted in a panic attack (I talked my self down off the other ones I had from taking amitriptyline)

I decided to stop with the antidepressents.

They did make me feel minorly happier but I literally had just about every side effect listed. The costs far outweighed the benifits.

So I'm really scared of SSRI's Thats why I chose the valdoxan. Less side effect, lower addiction profile. No weaning or withdrawal.

It was "an expensive way to wake up in the morning"

It wouldn't "put me to sleep" but I did wake up with the sun constiantaly the entire time I took it. It did little for my moods though. It didn't make things worse but it didn't help much either. Its rather expensive (new drug - zero generic available) so I neglected to go pick up my 1 month refill ($280 usd)

But to loop back to the start of my reply. I am considering it.

Fears: An antidepressant will make my brain chemistry worse.
: Side effects
: Addiction
: I wanna say stigma but I have no social life anyways. lol, can't get any worse. (managed a smile that time)
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote