View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 04:15 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Safe treatments for anxiety in post concussive situations?

Hey guys, thanks for the continued information in this healing. I must say, this community has given me ten fold the info I've found from the doctors.

I was just inquiring as to the safety of treating what I assume is post concussion anxiety with SSRI's.

While a lot of my symptoms have gradually reduced over the past few months, the two i've been left with is anxiety and what feel like headaches. The anxiety is more situational, but I never experienced it pre concussion and I have a suspicion that the headaches are actually linked to the anxiety, as they usually come about following it.

The anxiety is primarily attached to driving, and while I have been working on it and allowed myself to do basic tasks by car (job, shopping etc) I still don't feel super comfortable and wouldn't like to travel long distances. The doctor recommended I take SSRIs for this, however I don't think they really link it to the concussion. I'm actually fairly convinced he thinks my whole symptoms are caused by anxiety itself.
newbie787 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote