View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jules,

The recurring fistula is not okay. The fistula indicates that the infection is still present. Chances are the dentist either left a piece of the tooth or some debris in the bone or she didn't remove the fistula (tract of infection). It is best to consult with an oral surgeon to evaluate this infection and get it taken care of before it travels to the adjacent teeth. You would need to obtain the pre and any post op xray of that area of your mouth. The oral surgeon will also take an a new xray to see if there is a piece of tooth still in the area and also use it as a comparison to the previous xrays.

Please let us know how things go.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules 6568 View Post
I had a tooth root canalled just over a year ago. In January this year I developed a fistula on the gum above the canalled tooth. My dentist removed the tooth at the beginning of January. I wasn't given any antibiotics and now two months later the pus filled lump keeps returning on my gum above the socket. I've been back to my dentist 2 times and both times she has said it's fine the pus has somewhere to go. How long before this lump stops developing?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote