View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 11:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Superz23,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Brain bleeds are very rare and will exhibit far more symptoms that just a headache. A sinus or pressure headache is to be expected. Many have them for a few days to weeks and even months.

A dangerous brain bleed would cause an 'I hurt so bad I can't see or think' headache. They may also cause a loss of motor control/ stumbling, slurring of speech, etc. similar to a stroke.

The minor brain bleeds that show up in a few rare, severe concussions show up best at 72 hours. A CT Scan is 200 times the X-Ray radiation as a normal x-ray. They are best avoided unless serious symptoms indicate a need.

You should be resting for the rest of a week since your concussion. Good sleep at night is important. No alcohol, almost no caffeine. Minimize stress in your daily activities and life.

Concussion symptoms can get worse for a few weeks after the impact. A concussion is a process, not a single moment event. It causes a cascade of chemistry in the brain that can worsen over time and take takes time and rest to correct.

85% of people will recover for their concussion symptoms without intervention other than rest before 6 weeks are up.

The best you can do is relax and let your brain heal. Anxiety will only make your symptoms worse and last longer.

You are statistically more likely to get hit crossing the street than suffer a brain bleed from a concussion. The younger you are, the less likely a brain bleed will happen. So, stop worrying.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote