View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 01:20 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Smile help needed for 17 year daughter bipolar

Hi this is my first post, as I am trying to see if others have had similar experiences, or know where to go next!!
My daughter is turning 17 in a few weeks, she was diagnosed with bipolar when she was 13 and has been seeing a psychologist weekly since then. She has been hospitalized too many times to count!
she is in a private clinic at the moment suffering from an episode that was triggered by smoking some pot, in the past few weeks she has been drinking alcohol also. She has had major mood swings, smashed things, and even hurt her brother trying to leave the house. We noticed the mood changes early and tried to get help,they put up her medication but it didn't help.
so she is still in hospital,after 2 weeks she has got worse, has started self harming ( just with her nails) and has a possible fracture from hitting a door with her hand! They told me today, she has one last chance or they will discharge her! These behaviours are why she is there, I don't understand.
she desperately wants to get well and uses her strategies all the time.
She is on 600mg serequel,lithium,abilify,Lovan,valium and just been put on lamitical. She is on so much medication I'm surprised she can still think!
Any help would be great
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (03-01-2016)