Old 03-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Little paw,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Gosh, I certainly agree unkind behavior should not be tolerated.

Fortunately, I don't think I have seen anyone beat up over their opinion here. None of us seem to take anything out on one another.That would be terrible. If that were to happen I am pretty sure the group would correct it. Sometimes it is helpful if overt negativity is called out. Bashing anyone is not a good thing. I felt compelled to write a post reply once called "In Defense of Doctors" because though so many of us have doctor horror stories (self included) I just couldn't take the negativity on the thread.

This post is about appreciating all that we bring to the table and acknowledging that we may not always express ourselves as gracefully as possible. Hopefully what we bring is mostly good. But On some days it won't be our best and sometimes we may set others off or feel set off ourselves. I hope we always strive to treat each other with kindness because we all fight a hard battle and need each other's support. I'm just saying that no matter how far apart anyone may be personally I think that short of being ugly, what everyone has to say has value here.

I agree with you completely. Unfortunately sometimes a newcomer might not be aware of the friendship this site has shown to one another. This might appear as "bashing"; which could be something as simple as mentioning "going off topic" or getting back to the original topic". This might cause them to do exactly what they are accusing someone else of doing; especially when many of us have been here for years and do not become judge and jury. That would be unfortunate.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 03-01-2016 at 12:36 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (03-02-2016), PamelaJune (03-02-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-01-2016), St George 2013 (03-03-2016)