View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 11:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Does this sound like a concussion or PCS?

So here's my story. I'll start off by saying I was diagnosed with a previous concussion in 2008 ish that was moderate.

This year on Valentine's day, I went skating for the first time since 2009 on the local pond here. This is the only time I can think of where any sort of whiplash may have occured. I cant think of any other way it could have happened besides this.I didn't fall or get hit or anything of that matter. Slipped a few times for sure but caught my balance. The next day I woke up with a moderate headache, mild pain in my back and neck, dizziness, and a feeling of perceived weakness mostly in my arms but a bit in my legs. After trying to shake it for a couple days, I went to the doctor. I explained this scenario to him completely as I am now and he is convinced this is a mild concussion even though I didn't fall or have a blow to the head. He has ordered and I have completed blood tests that I get the results from on Friday. I will say that in the two weeks or so before hand I felt like I'd pulled a muscle in my back but for the most part all pain has subsided. I'm left with feeling the following as of today. My symptoms have definitely improved a bit since the 15th of february. But here they are. All of these symptoms are hit and miss during the day on how they feel in regards to severity .

Pressure type headaches that dont really hurt
Mild dizziness
Mild weakness in arms and even more mild in legs. ( this symptom has probably improved the most)
Irritability sometimes
Some sensitivity to light.

I should also add that I have been dieting the last two months ( no more fast food, beer, pop and have just been eating cleanly)
I've lost 20ish pounds in two months but was doing some cardio and eating very well compared to how I used to eat very badly. I weighed 253 or so and I'm 233. I've been taking vitamin B 50 complex and drinking lots of water but other than that nothing much else comes to mind. I haven't found these symptoms to be debilitating, but they have definitely changed my motivation and overall wellness. I don't feel like exercising or doing much. Just want to get the days over with so I can hopefully wake up with this gone!

All help is appreciated. Thank you folks
Leafsfan1987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote