View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 09:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Really don't understand my mri and the dr?

May be a bit long... I had a cervical mri without contrast.
Here are the findings...c1c2...normal
c2c3... no significant disc herniation, stenosis or foraminal stenosis
c3c4...Dorsal disc osteophyte complex eccentric to the right effaces the ventral thecal sac and narrows the spinal canal, measuring 8 mm ap diameter. There is mild indentation of the ventral spinal cord, without abnormal cord signal. Moderate to severe bilateral neuroforaminal stenosis due to facet and uncovertebral hypertophy.
c5c6...Dorsal disc osteophyte complex partially effaces the ventral thecal sac and mildly narrows the spinal canal, measuring 9mm ap diameter. This is moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing due to facet and uncovertebral hypertrophy.
c6c7...Dorsal disc osssify complex does not significantly narrow the spinal canal. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing due to facet and uncovertebral hypertrophy.
c7t1 no significant herniation, stenosis
Straightening of cervical lordosis. No significant listhesis. There is a incidental hemangioma within T2 vertebral body, which is hyperintense.
Impression:
Multilevel degenerative changes , worst at c3c4 where there is mild to moderate spinal canal stenosis with associated indentation of the ventral spinal cord without abnormal cord signal.

Multilevel foraminal stenoses, most severe bilaterally at c3c4 and c4c5.

I was referred to a neurosurgeon by my neurologist who told me if I whiplashed my neck I could become paralyzed!
I saw the surgeon on Monday and all he said was I had some arthritis and talked about the straightening or the cervical lordosis. He said because I was overweight and big busted I had this. I told him I had an xray 10 years ago and was told that I had the straightening. I was not overweight then and I am not considered big busted either???? I don't feel like he took me seriously or even looked at my mri results past the lordosis.
I have seen a gp, pain management dr, neuroloigst all for pain in my neck, headaches and arm weakness.
I don't think the mri warrants surgery but I am at a loss as to what can be done. I've had steroid injections, take tramadol, muscle relaxers, gabapentin. any suggestions from anyone out there would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
nana netta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote