Thread: Help with sleep
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had a terrible time with disturbed sleep since before I was diagnosed. I go to sleep instantly but can't stay asleep. What has helped the most over the years is exercise outside, preferably in the bright sunshine, and calcium and magnesium supplements. I go to sleep at the same time every night, stay away from screens in the evening (computers, TV etc.), don't drink any caffeine after about 2:00, keep the bedroom dark. The best I've been is on holiday at sea level. I'm usually better in the summer (more time in the sunshine-our winter days only last from about 9:00 to 4:00 and it's pretty cold usually so I'm only outside for an hour's walk or to shovel snow). I also try to stretch a lot sometime I the evening so I'm not so likely to be woken by achey muscles or joints.

I have a prescription for zopiclone that I use sparingly - I save it for when I'm totally exasperated at the thought of another miserable night of constantly having to try to get back to sleep. It can cause addiction and tolerance so I inly use it once or twice a month. A half tablet gives me four continuous hours of sleep.
Hope you find something that works for you.
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (03-02-2016)