Thread: Coming to terms
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 09:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dacello,

It seems like practically anything can irritate a nerve. They are just so delicate and prone to injury. I have had good results with manual therapy in my foot and ankle but of course the practitioner's skill is paramount and that doesn't mean it's the right thing for YOU. My personal opinion is that feeling you got run through by a train after chiropractic is not good or helpful. I say this having seen a few chiro in my life. Chiro is great but the treatment approach must be a good fit. My guy is pretty careful with me and does Active Release Therapy in addition to gentle manipulation. For myself, treatment that is too aggressive can aggravate or cause other problems that take days to resolve.

You said you have some swelling there at the clavicle and I wonder if there is a muscle impingement or imbalance. Swelling by itself will aggravate a nerve. When I strain my back I end up with one awful spot that has piercing pain and actually buzzes from the nerves being pressed on. I have found flexiril for a few nights helpful for getting things to relax so that I can start working them gently again. Do you get any help from cool packs to reduce swelling? I don't like ice myself but just put the gel packs in the fridge...

Since you are having so much pain, I'd really consider getting a consult with an MD. A good PM&R or pain management doc may have something to add and could potentially do a trigger point injection that might help. Just something to consider. I know it's hard when what you're doing isn't working and you need relief.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote