View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 09:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The doctor I fired required me be off all pain medication prior to getting the pump. He also didn't allow me to have any oral pain meds after it was in. His reasons were 1) the pain pump will not work. 2) he and his office staff said insurance will no pay for both medications. Reason number two was a flat out lie!
At my second appointment with my new pain management doctor he told me he suspected a spinal fluid leak. I requested oral pain medication for three days following the blood patch. For those that haven't had one, it's extremely painful! Even more so for me because I suffer from hyper sensitivity. Please PM me if you have this condition. To date I haven't found any information as to why I have this condition or what's causing it. Anyway... at my 10 day post op appointment I made a second request for oral pain medication. He is allowing me to take Norco 5/325 x 3 daily during the pump increase period. I'm at a really low dose still on the pump. It's going to take a few months of bi-weekly increases. According to the new doc, oral pain medication is ok to take when you have a pump. Also insurance is covering the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
david01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-03-2016), PamelaJune (03-03-2016)