View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 02:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Debi,

It sounds so wonderful that you decided to get a pool. I have heard that it can do wonders both physically and mentally. The only things that comes to my mind that I would suggest is make sure you have some sort of shade. It can be as simple as an umbrella, but I have found that sitting out in the heat of the summer sun can be a little hard to take sometimes. It's nice to be able to sit and enjoy the pool deck from the shade on those hot days.

If you are planning on using composite deck materials, do some research on the brand that the deck guy uses. Some of them have been known to break down over just a few years if exposed to too much sun. I used to work in the office of my dad's construction company. It was my responsibility to research that a few years back when a customer was having problems with a deck that deteriorated in just a few short years. Since it was still under warranty, the manufacturer ended up paying to have the deck rebuilt.

Also, you may want to look into a decent pool vacuum. There will still be some cleaning and maintenance that needs to be done daily but the vacuum makes it a lot easier.

Alaina

Last edited by PurpleFoot721; 03-04-2016 at 12:27 PM.
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (03-04-2016)