View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have been going back and forth, asking myself a lot of questions and doing a lot of research over the past few weeks since my PM made the recommendation of moving on and having the SCS implanted. The more I researched, the more nervous I became about the whole idea.

In another thread, I mentioned that I took the required class and went to see the pain psychologist last week to start the whole process. The results went over to my PM before I met with him on Tuesday. Apparently, I have some psychological issues that need to be worked on before we can move forward. I was still very unsure if I wanted to go forward with the SCS. The psychologist just made the decision very easy for me.

I also brought up the insurance complications with my PM when I saw him. He still thinks there may be time to move forward with the SCS, but does not think that it is likely to happen in time. That does not bother me. As I said before, I was not sure if it was the right thing for me. Over the next month he is going to go home and do some reading on trying to figure out how we are going to proceed with treatment. He asked me to do the same.

I have a doctor who is willing to listen to me, and do more research to help me, some of which is based on reading that I recommended. We are tapering off of the MS Contin, since it is not helping at all. I am completely off of the Neurontin. I am to continue on with the Amitriptyline unless the psychologist gives a better suggestion, and keep on with the Terazosin. Next month we will see what happens.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (03-03-2016), catra121 (03-03-2016), Littlepaw (03-03-2016)