Thread: CRPS and Flying
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 11:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I have usually done ok. I always get a window seat and request pre-boarding for my disability...both to reduce the chances of being bumped by other passengers. I also make sure that I am dressed warmly as I find planes cold and all those little air vents just scream flare up to me. When I was using Lidoderm patches...just made sure to bring them with but wait to put on until you are past security to avoid them having to test the patch. On the plane itself I also make sure I have everything I might need within reach and place most needed stuff in the pocket in front of me. I also always bring my own blanket which I strategically place around me for my comfort. I always do some small stretching exercises while in flight to keep me "moving" but without me having to get out of my seat. I have my iPod with and listen to my flare up mix to drown out all the various noises that can cause flare ups..also sometimes listen to an audiobook if I am really invested in one at the time but a plane ride is not the time to start a new book for me because I have a hard time losing myself in them immediately. And most importantly I bring something to keep my mind distracted from the pain because no matter what I do there's nothing that can STOP the vibrations of the plane. For me that is my stitching. I so try to get a seat by the wings...less turbulence...but still vibrations. The one time I flew first class since RSD...I got the back most row because no one behind me to bump the seat. Hope some of that helps...I am very worried about my next plane ride because it will be with the baby and a lot of my methods for dealing with and preventing the pain will be out the window.
Out the window? That is a long ways down! GRIN

Hey, thanks so much. that input is so very valuable to me. Do you find that the added pressure of being up in the air that high to ramp you up and keep you ramped up during the flight? Again, thanks!

-Spike-