Thread: Any Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Purple Foot,

From your post, it sounds like your ortho is IDEAL for completing the medical source statement. I am so glad to hear that he is supportive and willing to help you.

Also glad to hear that your medical source statement is tailored to YOUR medical condition.

I have seen many of the medical source statement forms for various conditions and I think this will be of great help in your claim.

ONE word of caution. These forms are sometimes ambiguous in their wording. One area on mine was understood by both my physician and myself to mean one thing and I discovered that it was NOT what either of us thought. We had to answer that area differently once we discovered the ambiguity.

If I can remember to do so, I will look it up and pass along the way SSDI looks at that question versus the way it "reads".

You may want to go over the questions one by one with your attorney BEFORE you have your ortho complete it so that your doc does not make the same mistake we had to fix.

Most of the statement form is straight forward but there are a few spots that can be misleading in the way it is worded.

If I don't get back to you, PLEASE send me a PM to remind me. I want to help but I forget to do things if I don't write it down and put it on my "to do" list.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (03-04-2016)