View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 05:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello, everyone.

I found this thread a few days ago and I have read the ENTIRE thing. I haven't understood some of it (haha) but I have read it and I'm so grateful for it being here. I registered specifically to share my background and ask some questions.

I am 31, male, with a history of Peripheral Neuropathy, Pernicious Anemia, lifelong vegetarianism, and a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).

Vitamin B12 is relevant to all of these conditions. I had my B12 checked about six months ago and it was in the low 100s. It probably has been for at least 20 years, in retrospect.

My neurologist told me start taking B12, and I did so half-heartedly because I didn't realize the importance of it. Then I got to reading and realized some of my symptoms could be related to this.

I am currently prescribed Concerta (methylphenidate) for my brain injury, and I'm wondering if this interacts in any way with B12?

The reason I ask is that prior to taking 10,000mcg methylcobalamin sublingual for a few days I used to have VERY SEVERE "drops" in energy/attention/function-ability about 3:00pm every day and I assumed it was related to "coming down from" the Concerta.

Since taking tons of B12 the past few days the drops have been noticeably less severe and smoother. I can think clearly longer into the day than I have for years (since the brain injury which left me unconscious).

After reading this thread I now wonder if my "drop" might actually be related to the levels of cortisol or B12? I'm not 100% sure how that works, so if my question sounds stupid, please just overlook me.

I'm still "fleshing out" all the information contained here, and I really REALLY appreciate it!
Jackson Brown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote