View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a similar problem... it took me over 12 years to get diagnosed. But then it was in my head as it was two pituitary tumors wreaking havoc with my endocrine system. But during that time, I had been to psychs, GPs, gynes, immune, rhuems, neuro, derms... it seemed like every specialty to treat the individual symptoms but no one could put the entire picture together as my disease was cyclical and the endos felt hormones do not cycle (periods, anyone?). I was called a liar to my face countless times and my husband was asked about my drug and alcohol use! It ended up being Cushing's and a prolactinoma. Endocrine disease has many emotional components that are so overlooked by docs but felt by patients. And unfortunately pit tumors do not always show in MRIs and are very underdiagnosed. Now I have pathology... but it was a hard battle and my body lost.