Thread: Glenntaj
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 08:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyM View Post
Every test including physical exam has been negative. Did everything except skin biopsy. My problem is the changes. One day wet feelings for a few weeks then sun burn. How can my ankle feel sunburnt for a few hours then totally normal the rest of the day. I also notice when i succumb to anxiety or dont sleep its worse and areas that did bother me start to. Doctor says give it time but ive gotten so depressed by constantly worrying for three months.

saw an article.. Google steroids small fiber neuropathy

They got mega oral doses of steroids several months after symptoms started.

I keep thinking if i only did xyz.. I wouldnt have gotten pneumonia and this wouldnt have happened. Unhealthy thinking. Im just down in the dumps. I have a great wife, 3 kids, great job. Im scared im gonna mess it all up
Hi Mickey, this is my first post on this board and personally I wish I would've tried to steroids myself when I was afflicted by this disease five months ago.

I may even give it a try soon since my symptoms have gotten worse lately. I don't think you have much to risk trying some high-dose steroids for short period of time. I had acute onset after a traumatic injury last sept. My doctor thinks this may be a mild case of GBS… I'm not too sure...I do think it has an inflammatory aspect to it, and steroid always help inflammatory issues.

Anyway... This road can be a tough one to be on. I really thought I was getting over it at one point… but it came back with a vengeance and now I'm experiencing more pain in other parts of my body. I used to have it a lot in my hands and upper body but now those areas seem to have gotten better but my legs have taken a major turn for the worse. I'm not too sure what happened it's such a confusing disease. I really haven't found any rhyme or reason to when and why the pain comes and when it goes away. But I think you should explore every avenue you can to try to get the best of this...Steroids, IVIG, and supplements if you can find one of them that works.

Keeping hope that we all find a better place and better quality of life.

Sven
Sven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote