Thread: Glenntaj
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 10:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I do take it 300 mg of gabapentin each evening… I felt a little sedated and spacey when I first took it… but after a few months I really feel as though it has no effect on me. I have a job that doesn't allow for you to take a sedating type drugs and I will probably try and come off this drug in next month or so.

I must say that a lot of the sunburned feelings on my back and arms has dissipated although recently I have developed severe burning and deep bone pain in my feet which sometimes radiates all the way up to my knees. This has been a big concern for me since I felt like I was getting better.

On the psychological front I will say that it really hit me pretty hard the first two or three months. Had some panic and anxiety and depression but I've come to accept it more recently. I try and use a Zen attitude of acknowledging it and then letting it go. I feel as though it sometimes works and sometimes the pain is to challenging for me to just release it.

Anyway we need to find out different tools on how to live with this disease. I would hope that it goes into remission and/or goes away completely which would be great but until then we have to use coping mechanisms.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow
Sven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote