View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 07:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Most people are diagnosed with CRPS after seeing a slew of doctors. IMO mine was a classic presentation early on, but I was not diagnosed for almost a year-when X-rays showed severe patchy osteoporosis. I was told it was so bad that it was likely I had fractures, but they could not be seen due to the osteoporosis.

It is heartbreaking to read about your daughter, but do not despair, because her youth is on her side and she has you, a mom who is seeking help and information.

Avoid using ice and anti-inflammatories. Ice is a no-no for CRPS. The latter, taken only in low doses still damaged my stomach.

Since I got little help from the medical field for the severe pain I ended up buying and trying lots of items. I found NOW liquid lanolin to help not only with dryness, but with allodynia. I used Saran Wrap to occlude the sores that formed on my lower legs. On the last few deep ones that seemed not to want to heal I found that Scotch Tape was effect.

Anything that constricted my feet and legs made me worse. I gave up compression stockings. I slept with a stool holding the covers off my feet, I find even now that I am improving too much weight from covers, shoes can be painful-so I still will use the stool and avoid heavy foot wear.

For swelling try the Bowen Technique. It is simply wrapping a bandana with special washing crystals to wick off excess fluid. I ordered the crystals from Amazon. There is a YouTube Video showing how to do this. It worked for me.

Look up mirror therapy. You can easily do this at home with your daughter. My daughter set up a mirror and chair so I could try this. It was helpful.

Epsom salts foot baths. Keep the foot and toes moving in the water.

Physical Therapy.

While all of the above helped me I made the most improvement shortly after taking Low Dose Naltrexone and a few weeks after that I was able to get into a warm pool to walk around.

You could email Pradeep Chopra, an expert in CRPS. Painri@gmail.com.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (03-05-2016), Kcmr166 (03-07-2016), Littlepaw (03-05-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-05-2016)