Thread: new stress
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I was called for jury duty, and I asked my PCP to respond to them saying I couldn't go to the particular courthouse I was called to because it wasn't handicapped accessible. Instead, he wrote a letter telling them about my psych conditions and all the medications I take. As a result, they found me unfit to serve and I will never be called again.

I think that getting a another cat would help fill the void that Abby's death has left, but there's no rush to fill that void right now if you're still unsure or you're not ready yet. Don't try to force yourself into a decision you're not ready to make yet.

I remember talking about with you about this and I think I said it's a nice idea to give an older cat a good home, but I think you're 100% right that a cat 8-10 years old is too old for you. It would be unbearable to get attached and have something happen so soon after Abby died and you're right about the vet bills.
I think Pudge is too old to deal with a kitten, though. So you would want a cat that is at least over 1yr old, but a good companion for her would probably be a couple years older than that.

I had no idea you were fighting with Stella until I read it on BF's thread. I thought you were just avoiding her a little because she can be abrasive. I'm sorry you're dealing with this on top of everything else. Do you feel like you can just drop her a little note to test the waters? I know that she's your best friend… it would be a shame to lose that relationship.

Your cardiologist ordered the tests, and he should have the results by now. I think you should call his office and ask about them. If they won't give you your results over the phone, schedule a follow-up appointment. I hate that you've had to worry about this for so long.

I hope that your friend will be okay. I'm glad he has a good doctor who is going to be thorough and make sure that she doesn't miss anything. I hope her instincts are wrong and the next biopsy comes back negative, too.

Kay
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-05-2016), Mari (03-05-2016)