View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 03:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am sorry you are going through this, I had severe burning from COPD meds for years and I know how painful it is. Mine finally resolved with lower doses but obviously since you are no longer getting chemo that isn't applicable to you.

Do you remember if the pain improved when you started the opiods? I was under the impression they weren't too effective for nerve pain but maybe someone will chime in with more information. Do you feel like the pain has become worse after being on them for awhile? The reason I am asking these questions is there is a condition called opiod induced hyeralgeusia in which your body adapts to the meds and reacts by intensifying the pain sensation, it makes pain worse. You may not have that but it does happen.

I now get temporary burning from some antibiotics so the tendency can 'spread' beyond the initial medication. Do you think you could tolerate the pain without the opiods? I might be inclined to talk with my doctor about the possibility of hyperalgeusia or maybe a neurologist would be of some help.

I hope you can find some relief.
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote