View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 03:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

A long time ago...15 plus years ago there was a group within the neuromuscular group that had a muscle twitching problem. Many thought they had Benign Fasciculation Syndrome. You can google that if you wish.

Many of these within this group worried about ALS because back then that was the first thing that came up on a search for muscle twitching.

Much of your story seems fimilar on how this condition starts.

I started muscle twitching in my calves and it progressed all over...this strarted in about 1997. There was precieved weakness for many of us. Some of that was lack of use and stress. Most all of us had muscle testing to rule out the bad stuff and our neurologists said we were ok, and out of that group there were those that thought there testing was too soon and they still worried about pretty much everything.

I have muscle twitching that waxes and wanes all over but mustly in my calves since 1996, and from my experience, stress and lack of sleep is the greatest contributor for a flare-up, increased twitching.

I would talk to your doctor about your symptoms and see where that journey takes you. If you think your doctor is not addressing your issues, get a second opinion, but try not to worry and stress over this.

Take Care,
Ed
Ed Ebbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote