View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Healthgirl,

Are the doctors concerned about your children's livedo reticularis and think it from neuropathy? The reason I ask is that livedo is benign in many, many people and isn't always a sign of underlying pathology. It's just how some people are wired, self and son included. Are there other circulatory signs or pain? If not and there aren't biopsies coming back abnormal then maybe the livedo is a reaction to environment, temperature and stress? My son's is always prominent if it is cold in a room or if we are waiting at a doctor's visit. I can count on his coming up quickly anytime he needs a vaccination.
Sorry, if you have gone over this already and discussed the kid's results on another thread. It's awful you have to be going through this.

I too, am curious if y'all do better elsewhere.

Hoping you get answers soon,
None of us ever had this reaction in our lives- in hot or cold. It happens when we are exposed to sunlight on the thighs. We all have a thinning of our skin and more prominent veins since the onset of this. It all happened at the same time. I was told by the team of doctors at Columbia that they suspect some type of vasculitis, but they had no proposed treatment and that was before my children were visibly affected, so I wasn't able to bring that into the picture. Now no doctor knows what to do.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote