View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallc1 View Post
Does anyone experience sensitivity to sunlight and fluorescent lighting. My husband can not go out in the sunlight without the CRPS going way out of control. Even on a full moon. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this issue with CRPS or RAD
Yes! I've had RSD since I was 14 and I'm 24 now. My RSD is the most under control that it's been right now since the onset of my symptoms and I've been able to walk for the past 4/4.5 years or so. Even then, I find that I still deal with issues regarding the sun! When I had my first major setback when I was 15, I actually had stroke-like symptoms after being in the sun for a little too long I guess during the summer. This then lead into in a hand of mine contracting and my right leg having weird reflexes and spasms.

Even now though, I try to avoid the sun as much as I can. If I know that I'll be out in the sun, sunscreen is a must (high spf). I'm kind of weird in that I actually don't feel heat very well (not sure how normal this is with RSD, but RSD is known for being a bit abnormal, so I've stopped questioning it. I'm hypersensitive to cold still at least. Anyway, I have to be really careful from that standpoint since I sometimes don't know if the burning pain I'm feeling is normal RSD pain or if a sign that it's something more, especially since sweating isn't really a good indicator for my body with if I'm in the sun for too long.

I have to take a ton of vitamin D daily per my doctor's orders since my levels are in the tank if I'm not on it.

I don't think that there's any sort of "normal" or "abnormal" things with RSD anymore. I've learned to stop questioning it, but just know that your husband isn't alone in regard to sun sensitivity!
nikmcjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ShaggyChic_1201 (03-07-2016)