View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 06:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Totally agree with Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
I have been under Pain Management for 7or 8 years with the same doctor.

I take Oxycontin ER, as well as Oxycodone for break thru pain daily For the past 4 years, I have been on the same dose. We are all different and what works for one might not work for another. My PM doctor has Never mentioned opioids not working for PN. These meds have made my days at least tolerable.

I am far from pain free; especially with the burning ankles/feet which is usually worsened by being on my feet for long periods. Sitting down with my feet raised on a couple of throw pillows for 15 - 20 min. usually takes the burning level down considerably.

Debi is on a very low dose of Morphine 15mg's, which may not be enough to cover her pain. Unfortunately, her PM doctor does not want to increase her medication to 30 mg's. This of course makes it difficult for her to know whether her pain could be reduced by upping her dose.

For many with PN; the only way to control their pain and lead a more productive life is with medication for pain even if it is opioids .

Gerry

The ONLY dr that said opioids do not work on nerve pain was my neuro.

I honestly don't know what I would have done without them. Before pain mgmt. I had only used hydrocodone that my PCP had been giving me, not the neuro I was seeing at the same time. Neuro knew I was taking them and never asked me to stop which was a good thing

When I first saw my pain dr we discussed the different options and agreed on BuTrans pain patch. Started at 5 mcg/hr and slowly increased to his limit of 20 mcg/hr. Along with the BuTrans I took oxycodone 10-325 up to 3 a day.

The BuTrans helped some but I was still not happy with my pain levels if I did 'anything' and I mean 'anything'. So I asked to change and I suggested the ER morphine. He started me at 15 mg but as Gerry said my dr doesn't want to increase that amount. I got so upset at the visit I never got a straight answer as to why he would not increase.

I'm very frustrated at this point and need to get myself together and go in with my own info and figure out exactly what is going on. I've always really liked this dr and he was really nice on Thursday but......I still don't understand why he won't increase to see if that might work.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-07-2016)