View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 09:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First let me echo what everyone else has said, this was not a self pity post. What you are feeling is completely normal! Sometimes it helps to get it all out and who better to share with than us. While some of us may not know what it is like to be a young adult battling this monster we can relate to the pain and the struggles that result from CRPS.

I like to think of this as a "safe space". It is a place where you can vent and know that you will not be judged. We all deal with stress in different ways but it's important to have a outlet as well. Personally the other day I had a good cry and felt better afterwords but there are some times I want to cry so bad but just can't. Everyone here is different yet we are all fighting the same fight and it helps to know you are not alone.

I completely understand what it is like to feel like a failure and feel like giving up. Your high school classmates may have diplomas and a driver's license but you have something they don't have, will power and strength. How many people in your high school can say that every day they deal with one of the most painful conditions known?

A psychiatrist or counselor may be able to help you sort out everything. Grief was mentioned before and they may be able to help you go through the grieving process. Sometimes it may help to have a family member go to a session with you so they can get a better understanding what you are going through and how to help.

Please know that you are not alone and even though we aren't there physically we are still her for you.
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (03-07-2016), Always_Believe (03-07-2016), BioBased (03-07-2016), birchlake (03-08-2016), Blazed-kitty (03-07-2016), Littlepaw (03-07-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-07-2016)