View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Debi,
My first PM was insistent that I get off the oxycodone I was on and stay with Cymbalta and Lyrica. I felt like bomb ai with Cymbalta. The Lyrica made my legs feel like I was getting multiple bug bites.

At my last appointment with him he went on and on about how being these pain meds weren't good because I would need them for too many years, blah, blah,.......but insisted both Cymbalta and the Lyrica were the way to go. After a month or two with him I started looking for a new doctor. I was not going to stay in "limbo".

I had been seeing an orthopedic doctor who referred me to my present PM doctor which was several years ago. My current PM is what he is all about....Pain Management.

I really don't get it with your PM doctor 15mg's Morphine is obviously too little to even tap into your pain. No wonder there are times it is difficult for you to get out of bed.

As I mentioned previously, I set my alarm and take my meds at least an hour before I am planning to get up.(I take my Oxo ER at regular scheduled times every day.) It is a rare time I have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning and that's only because some mornings, I'm too tired; not because of the pain.

I really hope one of your other doctors, including your Primary can refer you to a new PM doctor. It is best to have a referral from a doctor that knows you because so many PM's do not know if someone is doctor shopping just for the drugs.

You are not one to give up and that's a good thing.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote