View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile Thanks for the support!

For starters, I hope this post finds everyone feeling well. I would like to truly say thank you to everyone who has responded. It is overwhelming to go through something like this especially because it is a diagnosis of elimination. It feels very isolating when you don’t have anyone who understands the process of what we are going through. We don’t know anyone who has this disorder and it’s hard to get people to understand that even though my daughter looks fine, she really is in a lot of pain on a constant basis. It is hard to hear people say she needs to “suck it up” or “toughen up”. For a child, she is very stoic and has a very high pain tolerance as it is. For example, when she went for her MRI, they did it with contrast and they had difficulty finding a vein. She had to be stuck five times before they got one and she just laid there with tears in her eyes but didn’t move or say a word. So, it’s helpful to hear from people who understand what we are going through and for the tips you have given us. It is also comforting to know that there is hope for her. I know we still have a ways to go before this is a confirmed diagnosis, but I appreciate having this forum for support. She will start PT next week. I don’t know what the future holds, but I do know that we have more hope for her recovery! Thank you!
Kcmr166 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (03-08-2016), Littlepaw (03-07-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-07-2016)