View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 04:35 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Melody!

Dont worry - its their job! Metasized skin cancer is very bad (I only know one person that has survived it from more then a few disanosed with it once it spread) - unfortuantely its very tough responding to treatment... so when I'm having exams like that - I honsestly really dont even think about whats going on so much as "anything out of order?"... I'm very lucky - the last one I caught myself and it was just a tiny spot - they ended up taking a very large section of the side of my nose off and doing plastic surgery (they did a great job)... so I look a little like Mrs Frankenstein! At least I'm here!

You you know what would have to be the worst? A GI doctor... would you want to do what they do all day long? YUCK And overall I find them as a group the most uncaring, (thats a general statemenet, not to offend anyone)... I mentioned this to one of other docs and he laughed - he offered that after looking at what they do all they long its no wonder! (and for the patient its easy - we're uncocscious for the most part when the do their "thing" with us!)

Glenn - the only times I've seen protocol (and it doesnt seem to be prevelent any more) is during Gyno visits - a nurse would be in the room.... I actually had a doctor who my friends would literally drool over (extremely good looking) and ask how in the world I could ever see him.... again, he was a great doc (has now moved out of state)... and thats how I thought of him.... maybe I've just been exposed to so many different medical situtiations over the years I've become immune!

Ya do what ya gotta do!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote