Thread: Mri...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 09:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

This is an off-the-cuff observation, Almost, but what you just went through sounds a LOT like what I have been going through for about five weeks now, as well as what many PCS people and some with neurotransmitter imbalances (eg depression) go through. Mainly, 'crazy' emotions, often coming and going, or changing, quickly, in ways that just aren't your usual self.

Just last Saturday I all but attacked my visiting brother when we simultaneously went to answer some church proselytizers at our door. I have had scraps with him before, but this was still striking. I was actually feeling pretty good that morning. When the church people came I wanted to get rid of them quickly because I'm not into their schpiel[?] but my brother reacted oppositely. I got there first but before I could say anything he came up, put his arm around me, and proceeded to try to coax me into some sort of acceptance or conversation. It happened in less than a second: I violently shoved him away, provoking anger and hurt on his part. Looking back it was a familiar situation that triggered something primal, it happened so quickly. I felt terrible and made it up to my brother--I don't really hate him or want to hurt him in any way--in fact I need him and others now. But it truly seems my brain's ability to control emotions, particularly the most basic, is frequently compromised.

I don't have a strategy for dealing with it. but you may want to view things and yourself a bit differently while going through this very strange journey we all are on. Keep in touch!
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote