View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
maybe it is time for me to get a new pdoc????
bizi
That would be my vote. Naltrexone aside, I have already expressed some concerns about you feeling nervous going to appointments, feeling judged when you discuss your drinking, and having AA constantly shoved down your throat. It would be nice to find a pdoc you can enter into a partnership with, or at least find a level of comfort with.

If these pdocs that she's recommending prescribe naltrexone, they probably have a better understanding of substance abuse disorders, and likely dual-diagnosis…
One question that may come into play is how under control your bp really is. As Mari once told me, people with bipolar disorder who are properly medicated drink differently than those who aren't. She's right, it's been a lot easier for me to resist alcohol since I've been stable.

My pdoc was very concerned about the possibility that I may have to change birth control because of the endometriosis, and said we'd have to discuss it after I saw my GYN. I think it's odd that your pdoc wasn't concerned, had no input, especially if you told her about the depo… another reason why you may want to rethink that relationship.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-08-2016), Dmom3005 (03-09-2016), Mari (03-08-2016)