View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update!!

I had the unfortunate experience of developing a fibroma in the arch of my left foot and as my luck would have it, it was misdiagnosed as plantar fasciitis. I was sent to PT as a last ditch effort and the PT and the assistant kept making comments about my foot which I didn't understand. So I made an appointment with the doc and went back to ask for an MRI. What a complete waste as the MRI didn't show a thing. I made an appointment with another doc and he diagnosed the fibroma and did surgery to remove it. I continued to have pain and problems with the foot so back to new doc and I was diagnosed with Mortons' neuroma and three hammertoes as a result of the fibroma causing more pronation, etc...and the neuroma also has a part in the hammertoes. I was forced to endure another round of five or six alcohol injections without any relief. Post surgical condition of my foot is awful. I walk with pain and I'm trying to force myself to keep walking in spite of it, with PN too.

I'm posting to educate anyone looking for info. Please research your doctors and don't rely on licensing agencies or other docs to assist when confronted with these sort of careless errors. Also, there are times when you don't have any choice but to have the neuroma removed, as in my cases, they really had to go. IMHO alcohol injections don't work.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote