View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face Mixed up brain

WHAT was I thinking?
Of course people have pumps for TOS. I belong to a pump forum and am aware of all the meds in pumps, like dilaudid, clonidine, snail venom, baclofen, fetanyl, bupivicaine, etc. and diagnoses pumps are used for.

Where was my mind when I wrote that? I don't even remember writing it !
I read somewhere the only drugs that are FDA approved are Morphine and clonidine - not that doctors follow that FDA ruling. Someone has done clinical trials a few years back with ketamine, but None of the people from the pump forum I belong to ( > 550 ppl) use ketamine. Some just use baclofen for severe spasms but no need for narcotics. So it has a wide variety of uses.

I'm sorry Di, I know it hurts, but I sincerely believe the pump may have saved De's life too. I hated taking all the meds.
Di, you know Frogga on the RSD forum has been told she is too young for it. I know a mom who has a son that got the baclofen pump about 7 yrs old, he is 11 now.
I will never know if my forearm and elbow pain are from nerve compression because I've had 3 or 4 docs say I could never tolerate an EMG.
I can now straighten my arm, open and close my hands, (bend the elbow), lift a plate of food, but most task like brushing my teeth or bathing has to be done with rests periods because of muscle fatigue. I switch arms back and forth holding the thing that increases my pump dosages. If I drop it the doc picks it up and starts over.
All the improvements I have been blessed with are too much to bore you with here. It is a long list of goodies.
I wonder if I should be posting at all if I write things I don't remember & are wrong ?? I try to do the best I can.
HUGS & HAPPY 4th of July, hope
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote