View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Need help with my nephew. a new chronic pain patient.

Hi Guys,
A bit of history first. Hope its not to long. My nephew is 26 yrs old and started having severe pain in his pelvic area in March. My sister was 16 when she had him and I had just given birth to twins 6 mo. earlier. She just wasn't ready to have a baby. My husband and I tried to help her and really became his parents. She would not give up her teenage life and somebody had to help this baby. We had Ray all the time. We have 3 daughters and he is to us our son. My sister is 43 and is still very imature. Been married 3 times, just left her 3rd husband a week ago and already is with someone else. Happens to be Rays father who left after Ray was born. Ray felt the need to know his father and went on the computer and found him. He has already moved in.
We are very close to Ray. He owns a house with his mother and has had to do and pay for everything. My husband and I live with them because we are both disabled. We our about to lose our home due to our 2 yr fight with Social Security. Ray needed help because my sister didn't pay the mortgage for 6 mo. He gave her the money, but God only knows what she did with it. Its two late to save our home, we hopefully have a buyer this week. Moving in with them gave us a place to live and we pay rent.and help with food.
My sister is one of those people that thinks that those of us that have chronic pain should just get over it and go to work. She thinks we like staying home. He has been to alot of doctors, had alot of test and still no answers. He just started going to the pain clinic. In Boston the doc said that he has Cronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. They told him to stay out of work, he is on strong pain meds. My sister works at coffee shop and we all make sure everything is done before she gets home. She just comes home and sits on the couch. But this is not good enough for her. The coments about "us people that should just stop our meds and get on with it" are daily. He is having a hard time dealing with all of this. He still gets a check form work but he would rather be there. I have heard all of this stuff from the "normal" people for years. I can't say that I'am used to it but I can put up with it. She made a comment to me today that I souldn't say I'am tired. "If it didn't take me 3 hrs to do things, I wouldn't have to get up so early" Ray got so upset.
I told him not to worrybout what she says. I can deal with it. But she is always saying things like that to him also. How do I help him? I tried to have him get on here. he nows how how much you all help me. She will never change. I think she is jealous that we get to stay home. I would trade with her in a minute, so would he. What can I do for him?
sue k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote