View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Jules,

It is highly likely that this sinus infection is related to the original tooth infection, which means it has been brewing for a long time, and the dentist who extracted the tooth did not perform a thorough surgical debridement of the area.

FYI... this type of infection is commonly associated with upper root canaled teeth. The main problem is that the infection and the fistula needs to be surgically removed .... by an oral surgeon..... as the antibiotics are generally not enough to eradicate it. An example would be.... having a splinter embedded in your hand that has caused an infection. Until that splinter is removed, the infection will remain irrelevant of how many antibiotics you take.

I still urge you to consult with an oral surgeon for proper evaluation and treatment.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules 6568 View Post
Quick update after several more trips to dentist and gp with severe pain got called in today to see the clinical lead. The fistula is from my sinus cavity and have a bad infection which my dentist had left untreated. Now have antibiotics and the strong possibility of surgery. At least I'm on the road now.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote