View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 12:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hi EE03,

I'm sorry to hear about everything with your poor feet. Getting the right diagnosis can be a real challenge sometimes.

I too had a plantar fibroma. Mine had to be removed twice surgically and I ended up wishing I had known about getting radiation to them before the first procedure. If, heaven forbid, yours starts to grown again there are radiation oncologists who take care of these. I did this after mine came back the third time and had good results.

I saw earlier on this post that you were wearing Birks. Are those still working for you with the fibroma area? My ability to tolerate arch support is completely different with all the scar and such. I have had to try a lot of new things shoe wise to find what works for my re-vamped foot.

My post-op recovery was much longer than probably expected and I still get swelling 18 months out. So hang in there if your surgery was not that long ago and don't overdo.

I hope more healing comes your way.
Littlepaw, aside from speaking to my sister who had two fibromas removed around 40 years ago, you're the only person I know of who has experienced this. I was never told about radiation therapy for this. Mine has been growing over a number of years,, I think around seven since I first noticed, but it got so bad that it hurt 24/7 whether I was on my feet or off. Its really sad that it aggravated my sleeping neuromas in my left foot I still have one in there and I hope it stays quiet. After my first go around with the right foot, I lived in Birks. Now I never now what my feet will tolerate from day to day, morning till night. Its really frustrating. I still get swelling as well. Anyway, than you for sharing your experience with me My journey with this isnt finished yet as I'm sure I'll need another surgery to fix what the second doc did.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote